monkeeys

monkeeys

Friday, November 26, 2010

AND A NEW CONTENDER HAS EMERGED IN THE WHO IS THE BIGGEST DOPE AT THE PIC CONTEST

Got a Special Counsel Ralphie letter today. All I can think about this time of year when I saw the letter is the movie classic “A Christmas Story”. I feel like Ralphie’s mom warning him that “you’ll shoot your eye out”. Now granted the special counsel sending me a letter is not the same as a red rider BB gun with a compass in the stock (Ralphie is less likely to hurt himself with the BB gun than the special counsel is with a keyboard) but you get the point. And I strongly suggest that the special counsel and the executive director watch the movie and see what happens to Scut Farkas and his toady sidekick Grover Dill (for those of you at the PIC tell me that if you put a coon skin cap on someone we all know s/he wouldn’t be a dead ringer for Farkus). Anyway I digress back to the special counsel’s letter.

For the background on this dustup read the blog from last week “spoke too soon” The special counsel must be feeling strong around the holidays he actually threatened my clients with a subpoena if we don’t turn over payroll records.

He claims we need to provide a detailed statement with backup records verifying the information on our reports. ONE BIG PROBLEM THOUGH - we gave the auditor that information already in a format that she has accepted from many other lobbyists in the past. Why treat me differently than you treat others Mr. Special Counsel? Are you picking on me Farkus? LOLOLOL

I pointed out to the special counsel that I would like to see all the audits where he accepted statements similar to that which my clients have provided and also those that he subpoenaed to obtain the backup material, as he has threatened to do in this case. Don’t want to provide it under FOIL issue the subpoena I’ll get it in discovery along with a lot of other info.

REMEMBER RALPH “You’ll shoot your eye out”

No comments:

Post a Comment