monkeeys

monkeeys

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

JJOKE is corrupt

No news with that headline.

And that's the problem JJOKE is sooooo bad that they have lowered the bar soooo low that the media has gotten tired of writing the story of how bad they are.  We still get an editorial every other week about how JJOKE is violating every ones freedom of speech by requiring folks to report their lobbying efforts of editorial boards but really if JJOKE had been just a tad brighter, just a bit more aware of how incompetent they were they would have written those opinions in such a way that the PR folks and the editorial boards wouldn't have given a shit and JJOKE could have just continued on giving the public the ethical middle finger.  Andrew Cuomo's fuck you to ethics.   But they blew it and riled up the media so maybe todays meeting will actually catch peoples attention.

With that hope in mind I'm going to throw some blood in the water and see if any fins break the surface.

Kevin Gagan is going to be appointed as the next executive director at JJOKE.  He is a Cuomo hatchet man and Andrew wants him to run JJOKE to protect the Cuomo administration and if he can follow in Biben's footsteps and go after some legislators that's a bonus.  The real question is why would the legislative appointed commissioners go along.  And for many months they haven't but as usual this is Albany and a deal will get made and Gagan will get the votes he needs.  The fact that he lacks the qualities and independence to do a good job is irrelevant.  Hell I couldn't even get an interview and I could do the job better than Gagan on my worst day.  Of course I would start by investigating the commissioners and then move on to the Governor and the legislators so maybe they actually knew what they were doing by not even interviewing me.  But I digress.

I came across an interesting bit of information recently that these commissioners should really explore before appointing Gagan.

It seems Kevin Gagan has already started his real job.  That of protecting the 2nd floor.

In the last several weeks he personally fired an investigator at JJOKE, who I am told had started to investigate the Cuomo crowd on her own initiative.  The investigators name is Cathy Webb and Gagan fired her without notice and without telling her why.  She just got perped walked out of JJOKE without even being allowed to clean out her desk.  I guess Gagan hoped she had never made copies of what she was working on.  I used to love getting those plain envelopes in the mail when I ran the lobby commission.

Now lets watch and see what kind of a settlement they make with her to keep her quiet.

If I was George Weissman I'd stop skiing long enough to ask some questions before I voted for Kevin Gagan as Cuomo's executive director.

If I was Joe Covello I'd ask Al D'Amato if I could ask some questions before I voted for Kevin Gagan as Cuomo's executive director.

If I was Marvin Jacobs I'd get even with Horwitz and try to ask some questions before I voted for Kevin Gagan as Cuomo's executive director.

If I was Dawn Smalls I'd try to redeem myself from that last meeting where I showed everyone that I had never read the lobby act and ask some questions before I voted for Kevin Gagan as Cuomo's executive director.

If I was Dan Horwitz I'd try to get Preet to offer me immunity if Cuomo wasn't going to allow me to ask some questions before I voted for Kevin Gagan as Cuomo's executive director.

When you get right down to it all 14 JJOKE commissioners should resign if they will not ask Gagan why he fired Cathy Webb and at a minimum ask Ms. Webb what she was investigating when she got fired.

This scandal has legs I think and the media is hungry.

I know it has my interest and eventually I'll find out what Gagan was trying to cover up.

Anyone remember Joe Fisch and Troopergate?  Yup I talked to him.

I am patient and this is Albany,  Ask enough questions and you will upset some powerful people.

And maybe Cathy Webb can find out whose toes she stepped on while trying to do her job.

And for the shoot the messenger crowd I don't know Cathy Webb.  LT hired her.  She has done a couple of routine audits of my clients.

And she is a fan of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment